If you have not sewed fitted pants before this is the workshop to start out with!!! The Jalie "Eleonore" is a great stretch pull-on jean (long or cropped) with an extra wide waistband. It has the details of a jean yoke and back patch pockets, with the details of a faux front pocket and fly front which is a sharp detail. Students will try on the jeans that have been made up in a stretch woven denim with 20% stretch in the cross grain. Ron has sewn the 15 different sizes (4-22) in the “Eleonore” for you to try, so all necessary pattern fitting adjustments are made to the pattern before you cut the fabric. Ron then will identify your fitting problems and give you the necessary alterations (flat seat, protruding seat, low seat, knock/bowed legs, gaping waistband, length, etc.) for your jeans before cutting into your pattern.
- Fashion Fabric (Washed and dried – twice)
- For the “Eleonore” fitting shells I used a 3% spandex content with a 25% cross grain stretch. You need a light/medium weight fabric with at least a 20% stretch in the cross grain for this pattern. The fabric has to stretch in the cross grain from 65 cm to 80 cm for this legging jean pattern. I have also had student use a “Ponte” which is a stable stretch knit.
- Pattern:Jalie “Eleonore”, there is all so a optional add on pocket pattern (#3461). If you are planning to do the pockets, pocket lining is required (broad cloth or quilting weight fabric)
- I will have all 15 sizes in sizes 4 – 22 waist 27’ to 44’ hip 36” to 53”
- Contrasting top stitching thread (optional)
- Schmetz Denim (H-J) Needles for Sewing Machine and Serger 8 oz. denim – needle size 80/12 10 oz. denim - needle size 80/12
- Marking Pen
- Measuring Tape
- Steam-a-seam- lite (1/4” wide)
- Sewing machine in good working order with usual accessories (you must know how to use your machine)
- Thread for your sewing machine
- Serger (if you have one)
- Thread for serger