This quilt uses an uncommon ruler, but it has so much functionality! Play around with sizing by using larger or smaller blocks as well as the number of blocks so make a project that fits your room perfectly. Once fabric has been cut, quilt construction is straightforward and perfect for confident beginners and up! You'll have this gorgeous quilt done in no time.
Click here for the advanced prep needed for this class!
- Pattern – Catalina Canoes by Marti Mitchell
- Kaleido-Ruler - It comes in two sizes. For this project you need the LARGE rule (see page 3 of pattern) either 12" X 6" or 24" X 6"
- Cutting mat at least 18" x 12"
- Fabric: as specified in the pattern
- NOTE you do have the option of making a smaller quilt by reducing the number of blocks, so determine size before you make you're purchases
- Rotary cutter and spare blades
- Painters tape plus sharpie for writing on painters tape
- Sewing Machine (must be in good working order & you must know how to use it)
- Machine needles
- ¼" foot plus
- Several bobbins –there is a lot of sewing and filling multiple bobbins will be beneficial
- Sewing edge –a purple adhesive strip that allows you to create a line for sewing a scat ¼”
- a personal iron
- a small pressing mat to put on table