Bargellos are beautiful quilts, but when you study them its easy to get overwhelmed by all the little blocks that make up these gorgeous quilts. In this class you'll learn how to make a small bargello quilt while mastering the skills that will allow you to take on larger and more complex projects in the future! The classes will focus on organization, plus proper sewing and ironing techniques - all of which are essential. We will also discuss the merits of matched and staggered seams in Bargello quilts.
Here is the class handout!
Please note our Class Policies
- Book – Jelly roll Bargello Quilts by Karin Hellaby. The project we will make is Venetian Carnival on pages 30 & 31
- Rulers: 24" X 6"
- Large cutting mat at least 18" x 24"
- Fabric: a 2.5" strip roll bundle with 20 strips in the rollm
- Rotary cutter and spare blades
- Painters tape plus sharpie for writing on painters tape
- Sewing Machine (in good working order with manual and usual accessories- you must know how to use your machine)
- Machine needles
- ¼" foot plus walking foot if you have one
- Several bobbins –there is a lot of sewing and filling multiple bobbins will be beneficial