NEW QUILTERS, this class is for you! In this class you'll learn about some essential tools and techniques while also finishing a table runner project. You'll cut the material, sew the table runner, quilt it on your machine, square the quilted runner and then put on binding. Instructor Opal will step you through everything and get you comfortable with tackling new projects, and at the end of this class you'll have the confidence to practice the skills you learned and be on your way to creating even more.
Click here to read our Class Policies
- Pattern – Simply A Pleasure by Nicole Chambers Kaya
- 24" X 6" ruler if you have one (12" x 6" will work also)
- 6.5” square ruler
- 12” square rule
- Yardage as specified in pattern
- If you think you may want to make place mats considering buy the fabric while it is still available.
- Backing: 0.4 meter of coodinating fabric - could be the same as Fabric C
- Batting: If you bring a piece 48" x 18". If you don't have any don't worry - I will bring some of the smaller pieces from previous projects that will fill the need well.
- Cutting mat - A large mat (24” x 18”) is a good size- but if you don't hve this size bring what you have
- Rotary cutter and spare blades
- Sewing Machine (in good working order- you must know how to use your machine)
- Machine needles
- Machine Feet: ¼ “ foot and a walking foot if you have one (if not bring your accessory box ... there will be a foot we can use)
- fine tip permanent marker
- Optional: a personal iron, a small pressing mat to put on table