Join instructor Bev for six fun lessons on BERNINA embroidery that are jam-packed with info, techniques and tricks to take your embroidery further. Create a quick zipper pouch with textured background design, a hot pad using echo quilting, transform a plain tee with an in-the-hoop pocket peeker, embroidery a beautiful pillow panel for every season, create a monogrammed cork keychain and coasters entirely in-the-hoop!
(Embroidery Series Schedule)
Lesson 1: Sassy Stitches ITH Zipper Pouch
Lesson 2: Put a Pocket On It!
- Have fun making this quick zipper pouch completely in the embroidery hoop. Create a textured background design using Endless Embroidery and sewing stitches, then use Group and Rearrange tools to place the applique stitches on top of the textured background design. Easily accomplished on the B880+ or B790+ embroidery machines!
Lesson 3: Embroidered Hot Pad
- Transform a plain t-shirt into a one-of-a-kind t-shirt with an in-the-hoop Pocket Peeker. Controlling knit fabrics in the embroidery hoop can be challenging if not stabilized correctly. With a few tips on stabilizer, needles and design placement, you'll be successful at taming stretchy knits and embroidering those one-of-a-kind projects.
Lesson 4: Pillow Panels for Every Season
- Create your very own hot pad project using echo quilting and embroidery!
Lesson 5: Embroidered In-the-Hoop Coasters
- Be ready for the changing seasons and make four embroidered pillow panels. We'll create our own seasonal sayings and designs using built-in embroidery fonts and designs. Then, we'll stitch out the designs with buttonholes using Pinpoint Placement. When you finish these you'll want to make more for holidays and special occasions! Panels are designed to fit the pillow constructed in Lesson 1 of the Sewing Series! Click here to sign up for the Sewing Series!
- Embroidery adds both flair and dimension to a simple coaster. But why stop there? While the top of a coaster is already in the hoop to be embroidered, why not assemble the coaster at the same time? With a simple demonstration of how the in-the-hoop coaster design was created, you can create a set of coasters in one hooping and in no time at all. We all need great gift ideas that won't take too much time right?
Lesson 6: Monogrammed Cork Keychain
- Use machine built-in lettering, create a monogram and stitch it on cork or vinyl and they learn how to use the hardware to get a professional finish. You’ll want to make one of these for yourself and everyone on your gift list!
This is a Zoom-based virtual class series! Internet connection as well as the Zoom program (it is a free application!) is required. Have a pen & paper ready! Closer to your class date you will receive an email invite to the Zoom session, please ensure you sign up with your email address to receive it!