Learn how to make this stunning quilt by playing with colours, patterns and batiks to create your very own Desert Sky. Foundation paper piecing is often seen as complex – it’s not! In this class you will master the few technical skills required to construct the precise details in your quilts. You will develop the paper piecing knowledge needed for any future project you'd like to complete, and the sky's the limit! Opal will help you bring your creation to life.
There is some pre-class prep that must be done prior, click here to check it out before class!
- Pattern: Desert Sky (available at Central)
- Fabric as specified in the pattern
- Sewing machine (in good working order with usual accessories- you must know how to use your machine)
- Machine needles
- 1/4" foot
- 1/4" ruler
- Seam ripper
- Straight-edge ruler for cutting strips. Opal likes to use a 6" x 24" ruler
- Rotary cutter 45mm for blocks, and spare blades
- Cutting mat - preferably 24"