As quilting is traditionally all about straight lines, its no wonder many find circles and curves intimidating. Well have no fear- new rulers make the creation of beautiful circle quilts easy and straightforward. With this class and just a bit of practice you will master this new element and learn how to create a perfect inset circle, one quarter circle at a time. This blue moon quilt will look gorgeous in your home!
- Sewing machine (in good working order with usual accessories- you must know how to use your machine)
- Book: Colour Shuffle New Quilts by Karla Alexander OR Blue Moon Quilt Pattern (available at Central Sewing)
- Fabric as specified in the pattern. Below is the minimum number of colours, but feel free to use more and don't forget to check out your stash- just wach colour families and values:
- 3/8 yard of 8 different medium blue batiks (for blocks)
- 3/8 yard of 8 different dark blue batiks (for border)
- 1/3 yard of 7 different light to medium lime green batiks (for moon)
- Fabric for binding - amount will vary depending on binding style used
- Machine needles
- 1/4" foot
- Seam ripper
- Creative Grids Non-Slip Savvy Ruler (available at Central Sewing)
- Straight-edge ruler for cutting strips. Opal likes to use a 6" x 24" ruler
- Straight pins
- Rotary cutter 45mm for blocks and spare blades
- Cutting mat - preferably 24"