You’ll fall head over heels for these 3 darling Kimberbell projects featuring rich autumn flannels. What a perfect way to get ready for the changing of the season! Join instructor Jaime and recreate antique stitches on a crazy patch block on their stay cozy mug, try beautiful cutwork on their acorn basket liner, and embroider with glitter applique and Mylar on their pumpkin spice wall hanging. Grab your pumpkin spice drink, get cozy for sweater weather, and enjoy this Kimberbell event!
Project 1: Pumpkin Spice Wall Hanging
Project 2: Cutwork Acorn Basket Liner
- Anticipation for the season has us falling head over heels for this quilted wall hanging. Our recipe for autumn is simple. Glitter applique pumpkin with a chance of spicy, gold Mylar to enhance the rich colors of crisp fallen leaves, and the whisper of a cool breeze to toss it all together. Beginning with patchwork, this adorable project has all the features we love about quilting, except all the work is finished in-the-hoop on an embroidery machine
Project 3: Stay Cozy Mug Hug
- Seed of the mighty oak tree, the acorn is a symbol of potential and growth. Learn the exciting possibilities of machine embroidery as you make this Cutwork Acorn Basket Liner. Filigree scrolls are beautifully stitched across the woven threads filling the cutwork section. The acorn capped with applique glitter adds to the simple elegance of the harvest design.
- With patchwork reminiscent of an antique crazy quilt, the Stay Cozy Mug Hug wraps around a coffee cup, keeping your cocoa toasty and protecting your fingers from the heat. You’ll love watching the modern embroidery machine create the quilted details with an incredible variety of stitches along each seam. A perfect house-warming gift for sweater weather.
Please note there will be a 30 minute break for lunch!
- Attendee kit with stabilizer is included!
- USB-capable Embroidery machine in good working order. You must know how to use your machine.
- Fabric scissors
- Double-curve applique scissors
- Water soluble pen
- Pin cushion
- Hand-sewing needle and thread
- Seam ripper
- New embroidery needles
- A 5 x 7 and 6 x 10 hoop
(optional) Recommended thread colours: cream, light brown, orange, red, gold, green, dark brown (note that they recommend gold as in thread colour, not metallic thread)
- Fray check
- Computer with a webcam ready so that the instructor can check out what you're doing and offer assistance when needed.
- Rest of supply list TBA!