Have you always wanted to learn to sew but don’t have time to take a long class? Then this is your opportunity to learn basic sewing skills and how to operate a sewing machine, in one day. You will use one of Central’s classroom sewing machines. Learn how the sewing machine works, threading it, practice stitching, cutting out fabric, sewing seams and seam finishes, applying pockets, topstitching plus more. Go home with a finished tote bag and confidence to continue more sewing projects!
- Sharp Fabric scissors, fabric tape measure, sharp sewing pins, one spool of white cotton /poly thread “Dual Duty “ by Coats
- One package of Schmetz size 12 universal sewing machine needles.
- Pen and paper
- 12" to 24" Ruler
- 2 metres , one inch wide Grosgrain ribbon (any color you like). Available at Fabricland, Michael’s crafts. This ribbon is in Notions, usually on a rolled package or by the metre
- 0.6m to 1 metre of woven, cotton fabric – quilting cotton is ok ( NO slippery, stretchy or knit fabrics) One metre should yield 2 totes. Note: Woven fabrics frays where the fabric is cut!
- Heightened covid safety measures and social distancing are in place and face coverings must be worn in this class.